The Excellency Award accepts entries in all different types of categories. The Jury will make a pick based on all submitted applications.
For this year’s Excellency Awards, we have prepared an updated and refined set categories you can apply for.
They are divided into five distinct groups, each celebrating a particular aspect of business excellence.
- Customer Experience Categories
- Employee Experience Categories
- Sustainability and CSR Categories
- Business & Innovation Categories
- People Categories
Take a closer look at each of the categories and pick the ones that best represent your initiative. The more you enter, the more chance you have of winning. Be sure to include the people categories, leader, professional and team.
- Tech Startup of the Year (Artificial Intelligence / Big Data / Blockchain/ IOT /Security /Machine Learning /Virtual Reality)
This category is open to all technology for Business startups offering innovative solutions to Businesses. The startup should be less then 7 years old and can privately funded or VC backed (Series B or earlier).
- eRetail Start up of the Year
This is open for all start up in the e commerce , D2C & online marketplace space.
- B2B Start up of the Year
This category is open for companies that are into B2B business model .
- Best HR Tech Start up of the Year
To be awarded to the start ups who have incorporated technology oriented best practices to streamline the HR practices
- On-Demand Delivery Startup of the year
This category is open to all technolgy for Business startups offering Delivery solutions . The startup should be less then 7 years old and can privately funded or VC backed (Series B or earlier).
- Fashion Startup of the year
- Digital / Online Start-up
This Award will recognise businesses that earn 40% or more of their revenue online. You could be an online retailer or an online game etc
- Social Commerce Startup of the Year
This category is open to all Social Commerce startups offering innovative Products or services to consumers. The startup should be less then 7 years old and can privately funded or VC backed (Series B or earlier)
- Agritech Startup of the Year
This category is open to all Agritech startups offering innovative solutions . The startup should be less then 7 years old and can privately funded or VC backed (Series B or earlier)
- Fintech Startup of the Year (Payments / Digital Lending / International Money Transfers/Personal Finance)
This category is open to all Fintech startups offering innovative Fintech solutions to Businesses. The startup should be less then 7 years old and can privately funded or VC backed (Series B or earlier)
- Health Tech Startup of the Year
This category is open to all Health Tech startups offering innovative solutions . The startup should be less then 7 years old and can privately funded or VC backed (Series B or earlier)
- Best Drone Tech Start Up of the Year
To be awarded to Start ups & OEMs who are into both manufacturing & service in drone technology , flying robots for both civilian and defence purpose
- Cloud Startup of the Year (orchestration, cloud migration, physical – cloud integration, authentication, security, tools, image management, application packaging, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, OaaS.)
This category is open to all technolgy for Business startups offering innovative Cloud solutions to Businesses. The startup should be less then 7 years old and can privately funded or VC backed (Series B or earlier).
- Networking Startup of the Year
This category is open to all technolgy for Business startups offering innovative Networking solutions to Businesses. The startup should be less then 7 years old and can privately funded or VC backed (Series B or earlier).
- InsureTech Startup of the Year
This category is open to all startups offering innovative Insurance solutions digitally. The startup should be less then 7 years old and can privately funded or VC backed (Series B or earlier).
- Proptech Startup of the Year
This award will be given to tech companies providing technology support , software solutions or brokerage solutions for the real estate industry.
- Media/Entertainment Startup of the Year
This category is open to all startups offering innovative media or Entertainment solutions digitally. The startup should be less then 7 years old and can privately funded or VC backed (Series B or earlier).
- SpaceTech Startup of the Year
This category is open to all startups offering innovative space exploration solutions digitally. The startup should be less then 7 years old and can privately funded or VC backed (Series B or earlier).
- Edtech Startup of the Year (Immersive tech / Early Childhood/Coding/ STEM /Learning Management Systems /Skill education /K12 Learning / Preparation courses)
This category is open to all startups offering Edtech solutions digitally. The startup should be less then 7 years old and can privately funded or VC backed (Series B or earlier).
- Accelerator of the Year
This category is open for all accelerator firms supporting the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Innovative Start-up of the Year
A business owner / founder of an organization, who has developed a unique business model and has made remarkable progress in the initial period of starting the business. (Organisation should be less than 7 years)
- Home or Craft-based Start-up
This includes home-based businesses or/and craft-based businesses.
- Gaming app/Start-up of the Year
This Award will recognise businesses that earn 40% or more of their revenue online. You could be an online gaming app
- Emerging Start-up
In this category we are looking to recognise business and organisations that are in the very early stages of development. Entry is open to businesses that have been in existence for 5 Years or less at the closing date for entries.
- Mobility Start-up of the year
This award will recognize the firms that have introduced products in the automotive & ancillary, autonomous mobility domains and have an operational existence of less than 7 years.
- Energy Start-up of the Year
A business owner / founder of an organization, who has developed a unique new Energy saving/New Energy generation business model and has made remarkable progress in the initial period of starting the business. (Organisation should be less than 7 years)
- Logistics /Fulfilment Start-up of the Year
Smooth production and distribution can mark the difference between success and failure of any Business. The Award will spotlight the supply chains /logisitc/ fulfiment & delivery Startup that have built a business model to make SCM process more effiicent
- Food Startup
This award will recognize company that has introduced a new food product in the Industry
- Beverage Startup
This award will recognize company that has introduced a new beverage product in the Industry
- Beauty Startup of the Year
This award will recognize company that has introduced new beauty products / services in the Industry
- Wellness Startup of the Year
This award will recognize company that has introduced new wellness products / services in the Industry
- Best healthcare startup
Solving India’s last mile healthcare challenge
- Best Education Startup Of The Year
This award will go to Education company who has filled the need gap of the education industry during covid, by introducing a product for the education industry
- Blockchain Innovator of the year
A company/startup which is using blockchain to solve complex real-life issues relating to banking, healthcare, etc
- Best NFT Platform of the Year
NFT platform that introduced best NFTs which connected with the audience and buyers flocked to be a part of this evolving space.
- Metaverse Startup of the Year
Startup which created the best metaverse experience and onboarded other businesses (retail, bank, etc.) to a part of it.
- CEO of the Year (Large Business)
An individual who helped the company transform quickly on the face difficulties faced during the past year.
- Bootstrapped Business Of The Year
biggest bootstrapped business in terms of revenue
- Retail Startup Of The Year
Start-ups growing across niche retail categories for market and product differentiation
- Travel Startup of the year To be awarded to the brand that has done made significant foray in to the travel & tourism industry
- Real Estate Startup Of The Year
Measuring growth in construction material, property management, brokerage, rental management, buying and selling, site operations etc.
- Startup Leader Of The Year
The creator of a new market that didn’t exist before
- Founder Of The Year
Visionary entrepreneur who took the business from zero to one and one to 100 with least capital raised and minimum time
- Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year
The absolute value creator out of sheer creativity
- Best Social Impact Startup
Penetrating deeply for impacting the most disadvantaged or underprivileged section of society
- Most Enterprising Business
Winners in this category won’t be standing still and doing the same old things, they’ll be moving and shaking, leading in their markets. In terms of this category, enterprise can be defined as showing initiative and willingness to undertake new projects, diversification, adding significant employment from previous year.These companiesare selected based on strength in revenue, profitability, total employees, innovativeness, brand influence in the marketplace, and adherence to corporate governance. The flexibility to respond to rapid changes in the industry and customer demand
- Best Customer Service
Customer service is an ongoing process. The winning business will ensure it exceeds customers expectations before, during and after any sale, building long-term customer relationships and providing a service that is consistently outstanding.The winner of this award will have the customer at its heart and will deploy and manage resources to most effectively meet the needs of its customer base. In most businesses to ensure the success of a business a customer care policy is paramount. This category encourages entries from any business that can demonstrate established and measurable systems for monitoring service standards.
- Business Innovation
Innovation in your business means doing something new, different, smarter or better that will make a positive difference. Innovation can range from a Business practice to launching a brand new product.In the opinion of the judges, how company harnessess research, development and innovation to further their business aims and objectives.
- Best Financial Performance
The award recognizes high performing enterprises that have shown tremendous growth in revenue and are on the path to becoming the future giant corporations of India. Winners of this category showcase steady revenue growth year on year with strong returns, and are focused on seizing promising business opportunities.
- Best Use of Technology
This category is open to all technology companies offering innovative solutions to Businesses
- Business Transformation
This category is open to all technology companies offering innovative business transformation solutions to Businesses.
- Cross Border Business Growth
The Award regonizes the internationalisation of business and initiatives that encourage enterprises and particularly small and medium-sized businesses to benefit more from the opportunities offered by markets.
- NATIONAL QUALITY AWARD
Recognizes organizations that have been driving higher levels of quality products and services and better equip organizations to meet the challenges of global competition.
- Best Workplace of the Year
The award is presented to companies that take on a people centric approach and demonstrate strong commitment towards employee empowerment and enrichment. The winning companies show advocacy for investment in people, recognition and retention, improving employee’s job satisfaction, practices fair communication, and promote work life balance. The awarded companies fares low attrition rate, houses a great pool of talents, and have a practice of knowledge sharing among employees and stakeholders.
- Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year
This honor is presented to a company with the most commendable efforts in championing sustainable responsible business. The recipient adopts an ethical and holistic approach to profit, planet, and people. The winning company takes on a visible role in the society which goes beyond the core business and law requirements, is well reflected in the company’s policies and operations, and ultimately adds value for the company and the society at large.
- Best Digital Transformation Award
Any brand that has transformed the process of using digital technologies to create new — or modify existing — business processes, culture, and customer experiences to meet changing business and market requirements
- Entrepreneur of the Year (Consumer Business) A business owner or founder of an organization offering / retailing consumer products or services to the consumer directly
- Dynamic Entrepreneur of the Year (Business Transformation) A business owner or founder of an organization, who has led the progressive change in adopting an effective business model or set up a new mark in the industry
- Entrepreneur of the Year (Innovation in Technology) A business owner or founder of an organization whose business is into innovation in products or services.
- Professional Entrepreneur of the Year An employee of an organization, who has demonstrated leadership and taken the business growth to a scalable size.
- Entrepreneur of the Year (Innovation in Financial Services) A business owner / founder who is into providing financial and related services
- Entrepreneur of the Year ( Media & Entertainment ) To be awarded to the Entrepreneur who has done phenomenal work in the field of Media & Entertainment industry
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year Founder/owner of an organization in a business that directly or indirectly creates social awareness / improvement.
- Creative Entrepreneur of the Year Founder /owner of any organization which has led to transformation in the business through sheer creativity .
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year A business owner who has achieved significantly in his entrepreneurial venture at a young age (must be 35 years or less of age as on 31st July’2023)
- Restoration Entrepreneur of the Year Recognising founders who are involved in businesses that are restoring and renewing of either products or services
- Celebrity Entrepreneur of the Year A founder / business owner who has given immense contribution in the field of glamour.
- Serial Entrepreneur of the Year Entrepreneur for creating and demonstrating multiple ventures successfully- from business ideation, implementing it through new venture, creating value for stakeholders, having floated IPO or raised external capital at a later stage ; demonstrating exceptional success and has the will and spirit to do it all again.
- Student Entrepreneur of the Year Did you start writing your business plan alongside that all important essay, whether you’re in school, college or university, if you’ve been juggling your studies with your start-up, why not challenge your inner young-apprentice, and compete to take home the ‘Student Entrepreneur of the Year’ 2023 title.
- Intrapreneur of the Year Are you an inside entrepreneur, or an entrepreneur within a large firm who’s used your trailblazer skills to innovate and lead a new internal enterprise, avoiding common start-up risks? The Intrapreneur of the Year would recognise someone who has been given the authority and support to create or develop a new project and has turned it into a profitable venture for the company.
- Micro /Small online business Entrepreneur of the year This Award will recognise businesses that earn 40% or more of their revenue online. You could be an online retailer or an online game etc
- Green Entrepreneur of the Year This entrepreneur will specialise in environmental industries, clean tech and sustainability. There will be clear evidence of their positive environmental impact and their business’ ability to create positive change and influence thinking.
- Entrepreneur of the Year A business owner who has achieved remarkable success in his entrepreneurial venture
- Woman Entrepreneur of the Year A business owner (woman) who has achieved remarkable success in her entrepreneurial venture
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Real Estate (A business owner / founder who is into Real Estate)
- Lifetime Achievement Applicant / nominee should have had outstanding achievements and should also have contributed significantly towards the socio-economic growth over a period of time.
- Family Entrepreneur of the Year Established entrepreneur from family run business, who has been able to take the business to a scalable height
- Acharya of the Year / Business Mentor of the Year Individual, may or may not have been an entrepreneur, but contributed in significant and visible manner and having played an exceptional role in guiding, leading and influencing a ward’s project / business
- Entrepreneur of the Year in Trading Business A business owner or founder of an organization who is into Trading / distribution of product / services in the class of (Distributor/Dealer/Retailer/Wholesaler or C&F /Broker /e-Retailer)
- Entrepreneur of the Year in Service Business The 16 Awards will be given to business owners or founders Of an organization offering Consumer or Business services (BPO / Travel / SCM & Logistics/Cleaning / Financial / Training / SAAS& IT services / Security / Technology / Recruitment & HR / Money Services / Agriculture / Healthcare / Fitness / Food / Beverage / Education / Health, Beauty & Wellness / Consultant / Printing / Event Management Agency / Digital Marketing/Coworking spaces/Hospitality/Legal )
- Entrepreneur of the Year in Product or Manufacturing Business The 12 Awards will be given to business owners or founders in Manufacturing business who have implemented innovative approach toEnsure sustenance and continuous improvement in lean manufacturing process In the below categories (FMCG / Consumer Durables / construction material / technology / Export / Automotive & Ancillary / Healthcare / Engineering / Plastics & Polymers /Food / Beverage/ Leather Goods / Textile / Pharmaceuticals)
- Venture Capitalist of the Year Recognizing the most prolific investors who has provided relentless support to the business community in the country.
- Angel Investor of the Year An individual investor who has show great vision in identifying and assisting Start-ups , Entrepreneurs ,SME’s.
Excellency Awards are now regarded as a benchmark of Corporate Excellence worldwide.
No other Business Award today receives the kind of Recognition and Adulation among peers, that Excellency does. Today, there are a large number of Business Awards globally. The purpose is to create a competition for raising overall standards and recognise the achievements of the best performing organisations. The question is how relevant, elaborate and predetermined are the criteria and how impartial is the assessment process?
Excellency Awards for Leadership and Institutional Excellence, over the time, have become a hallmark of excellence, both locally and globally. No award has achieved such respectability and admiration from the industry as the ‘Excellency Awards’, which today receives around 1000 applications for various Awards each year. This is largely due to its transparent and 3-Tier evaluation process, based on internationally recognized criteria. Besides recognition & Award, mere preparation of information and compilation of data required for ‘Self-Appraisal Report’, helps to align and inspire the entire workforce and rapidly accelerates the pace of system improvement in an organisation.
Award winners are eligible to use the Excellency Awards Logo with year, on all printed and promotional materials, which evidences the highest accolade received by the organisation.